In order to be able to offer a good service, we sometimes work with personal data. We think it is important to handle your data carefully, in line with European privacy legislation (the General Data Protection Regulation, also known as AVG or GDPR).
Who are we
Purposes and grounds for processing
We only use your data if we have established a clear and justified purpose for it. This is only possible:
· To comply with a legal obligation
· For the proper fulfillment of our services or task as a non-profit organization
· When you have given permission for this
· To combat a serious threat to your health or to your safety
Links to Third Parties
We limit ourselves to requesting and updating strictly necessary data and we handle this with care. This means that our employees handle this with discretion, check whether they are complete and correct and ensure their security.
We do not pass on your data to other parties, unless there is a legal basis for this.
We do not keep your data longer than necessary for the performance of our task.
You have the following rights under privacy legislation:
- right to information and access: you are allowed to know whether we have your data, what these are, how they are used and you can receive further explanation about this
- right to correction: if your details are incorrect, you may ask us to correct them
- right of objection: you may object to the use of your data and we will comply with this unless there are legitimate grounds for this
- right to be forgotten: you can in principle ask us to delete your data, but as a government we are in most cases not allowed to act on this
As long as one of the above rights has not been met, you may ask us to temporarily stop using your data.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us. You can find our contact details at the top of this page. You will always have to prove your identity. We will let you know within a month what will happen to your request.
We do not use profiling.
Big data & tracking
We do not use big data and tracking.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints, please let us know. This can be done by email or letter to Macatamo Group, Analog Devices Building, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
Complaints regarding privacy can be addressed to:
Data Protection Commission
21 Fitzwilliam Square South